[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 5 17:04:47 UTC 2008

Nick Rout wrote:
>> Even when we reproduce the 'MythTV records but doesn't write mpegs'
>> issue the memory consumption goes up steadily.
>> I.e.: we see assumed leaks and we see a lack of error checking.
>>
>> Who is assuming lead in making sure that this piece of free software
>> uses part of the resources to make stuff less buggy?
>
> Broken record speaks again. And how is this related to the article,
> which cincentrates on usability, ie the user interface design.

It was about adding.
Not a broken record if stuff would be in process of fixing.
I detailled the details. It was about adding to the list.
So no complaining about the message, please.
It is a certain area of problems that would have been fixed by now in
some way in commercial software. (can't have slashdot users say you have
a memory leak or weird bugs for that matter)

See?

Udo