[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Aug 5 19:45:09 UTC 2008

>On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Param Singh
><mithu.singh at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If everything about mythtv and its usability is good, then why
>> competitors are using "mythtv is a lot of work" as marketing tool ?
>>
>> Screenshot :: http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/5687/mythtvju4.png
>>
>I laugh every time I see that being that their product requires
>windows. Which to me is much more work and headaches than MythTV could
>possibly cause considering that using windows safely will requires
>usually a virus checker and anti-spyware software. And if you use
>these tools from Symantec there goes 200 or so MB of ram.
>
>John
>_______

I thought I saw a version you could buy for linux. Besides, linux itself is
more headaches that windows for most people.

Only those people who've used linux before using mythtv are the ones that
find linux easier to setup on. For the windows versions, you just install
the software program, but for mythtv, I had to learn a heck of a lot about
linux in general in order for it to function. After a year and a half of
mythtv, it still gives me problems from time to time.

-Steve