[mythtv-users] ViaChrome9 on HP Mini-Note PC

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Tue Aug 5 22:59:29 UTC 2008

> Robin Gilks wrote:
>> My CN400 based Epia SP13000 I've given up on XvMC - the 1.3GHz CPU jut
>> about handles all I throw at it without the extra hardware support and
>> it
>> avoids a lot of 'blue face' issues with some divx/mpeg4 files. It can
>> even
>> play a xvid 720p file in native mode on my 1368x720 TV.
>
> SP13000 should play mpeg2 fine using XvMC.
> I used to have one, an SP8000.
> There's plenty of documentation around about configuring.

You are quite correct with respect to mpeg2 - the problems start to occur
with DVD menus (very hit and miss) and some other video formats. Its not a
generic XvMC problem, its specific to the ViaXvMCPro support in MythTV and
the limitation on the number of surfaces available. Since I have a
workaround, I've never bothered with raising any more tickets (I've done
my share of them!!).

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks