[mythtv-users] ivtv in new fedora8 kernel causing problems?

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Aug 6 00:59:12 UTC 2008

At 09:55 AM 4/16/2008, George Galt wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Kevin Plew <kevin at plewnet.com> wrote:
> > No, it didn't work. I tried adding it as suggested to my change-channel
> >  script.
> >
> >  change_channel
> >  #!/bin/sh
> >  if [ "X$1" = "X" ] || [ "X$2" = "X" ]; then
> >        echo "Usage: $0 <port> <channel number>"
> >        echo
> >        exit;
> >  fi
> >  /usr/local/bin/directv.pl port $1 setup_channel $2 hide
> >  /usr/local/bin/fix_audio &
> >

> >  fix_audio
> >  #!/bin/bash
> >
> > sleep 3
> >  /usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -c audio_emphasis=0
> >

> >  This command works, but I need to run it for both /dev/video0 and
> >  /dev/video1 running from cron every minute.
> >
> >  "/usr/bin/v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 --set-audio-input=1"
> >

> >  Kind of frustrating, but myth and the community are still the best.
> >

> >  Kevin Plew
> >  Dad & Webmaster
>
>Kevin:
>
>I assume you are pulling your audio in through the "audio in" jack and
>your video through either the s-video or composite in.  Is there
>anyone getting bad audio through the tuner input or is it only the
>audio-in that is an issue?
>
>George

I am having the same problem with Fedora 9 with a PVR-150 using the
two stereo input (red and white) jacks for audio and the composite
video input jack (yellow) for the video. I use it to capture the
output from my Comcast cable decoder box.

Are there any ideas on how to resolve this? I have a PVR-500 that
uses the tuners on Fedora 9 and I never have had a problem with the
audio there. However, with the changes looming next February, I am
assuming that I become more dependent on this feature to record
content from a decoder box.

I had the same problem on my VIA EPIA M10000 running Fedora 8 and
just replaced it with a new PVR-150 and an Asus P1-AH2 running Fedora
9. Same problem persists on the new hardware so I guess it is not
hardware related.  I will try the work around listed above.

-- Mache