[mythtv-users] Antenna amplifier

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Wed Aug 6 04:57:49 UTC 2008

Chris Ribe wrote:
> .  However, if they are close together, the
>> signals will at least get to the antennas at the same time regardless of
>> the direction they are coming from.
>>

> I don't know about that.  We are talking about a 62cm wavelength.
> Close together isn't good enough, they would have to be stacked to
> avoid potential phase issues.
>

> ----
> Chris Ribe
> TV/IT Engineer
> WCJB-TV/DT Gainesville, FL
> (352) 416 0648
> cribe at wcjb.com

I would put them on the same pole.  Anyway, the further apart they are
the more difficult it will be to balance the phase with cable lengths.
Keep them close and the rate of change of phase with frequency would be
less.  For example, if they are far away, you may get more than one
notch within the channel. In this case, it is the wavelength of the
channel width (6MHz) that is important. Keep them close, and the
equalizer stands a better chance of dealing with the issues.  At least,
that is my thought.

Allen