[mythtv-users] Viewing video files on a CD or DVD

Sebastian Buks sebastianbuks at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 10:50:38 UTC 2008

Is it possible to view video files, encoded with xvid,divx or any other format directly from a CD or DVD. At first I thought the VCD mneu was for this purpose (since everybody defines VCD different). Now I know it would be possible to mount the CD/DVD and include it in MythVideo, but that requires videoDB updates and is not very slick. What I'm looking for is a simple way (in fact, just like MythVideo) to access a DVD with a bunch of video files and choose the file I want to look at.

Or have I simply missed something obvious?

regards seb