[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Aug 6 15:37:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 10:41:17AM +0100, Paul Harrison wrote:
> What exactly don't you like about MythArchive?

It's not that we don't like it... it's that we can't get it to work
reliably.

We tried to put 5 eps of Grey's Anatomy on a DVD the other night, in 4
hour mode.  They hadn't been transcoded or anything, and were recorded
at 704x480, MPEG2 off a Hauppauge card, which I understood was supposed
to be DVD compatible.

It had to squeeze them anyway, even after it took out the commercials,
which I didn't expect (5x42 < 4x60), and we ended up with

2 eps where the squeeze blew the video framing -- I think the fields
got inverted
1 ep where the audo was missing, and
2 eps that were ok.

I have the log files for all of that, if they'd prove useful.

Part of the problem is just that I don't understand the process well
enough to debug it on my own...

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.