[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:43:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 11:38 AM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

>> > I use MythArchive several times a week to watch shows in the living
>> > room which I do not have a frontend yet, so I would definitely want to
>> > keep it in MythTV.
>>
>> Me too, MythArchive is one of my more-used plugins and I would mourn its
>> demise.
>
> Well, a concensus seems to be growing... :-)
>
> I'm happy to put some time into helping get it up to date (since my sis
> will kill me if she has to keep archiving stuff manually to DVD-R --
> especially since her Sylvania recorder is starting to die...
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth                   Baylink                      jra at baylink.com
> Designer                     The Things I Think                       RFC 2100
> Ashworth & Associates     http://baylink.pitas.com                     '87 e24
> St Petersburg FL USA      http://photo.imageinc.us             +1 727 647 1274
>
>             Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
>             Those who count the vote decide everything.
>               -- (Josef Stalin)

When I put a pvr-350 card in I tried to burn a DVD of a movie that
after the cut list was made and a lossless transcoding was done so it
was still in mpeg2 format the movie was under 90 minutes.  When I told
mytharchive to do no encoding given the video was already mpeg2 format
the process failed.  When I changed to to SD format where a 2hour
video would fit on a disk, again the file I was working with was less
than 2 hours to begin with, the process worked with out a problem.  I
dont know how much this will help you other than it seems that you
need to pick some kind of encoding profile.  Maybe try to do 4
episodes of grey's anatomy instead of 5 and see if you get the same
issues.

Another example is I tried to do 4 movies of less than 90 min each on
an extended play DVD that said It would do 6 hours of video.  It
should have fit just fine but the dvd creation failed.  When I dropped
the movie count to 3 the creation was sucessful with the same
settings.