[mythtv-users] channel 4 hd

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:11:16 UTC 2008

2008/8/6 John Taylor <john at vetsurgeon.org.uk>

> Channel 4 HD in the UK is presently broadcasted as FTV (free to view)
> via Sky rather than FTA (free to air). This means it is free to view
> using a "free to view card" in a STB but is encrypted using NDS
> VideoGuard.
>
> I have a legally acquired free to view card in a STB at the moment,
> and wonder if I can somehow use it to receive C4 HD within mythtv to
> get full HD goodness!

Don't you just ring a number to get one? Hmmm

> Do I need to use a dragon cam or somesuch? Has anyone any experience
> of doing this?

I looked into this a while ago and it sounds like you would need such a CAM,
however , I also remember reading that once the current agreement with Sky
is up at the end of the year Channel 4 were going FTA. Maybe someone here
can confirm this?

cheers,

Ian