[mythtv-users] Home Automation + MythTV/Linux

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 22:34:30 UTC 2008

>> How I Integrated some X10 Home Automation into MythBuntu
>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=4733977#post4733977

> I have looked at LinuxMCE but i hate the entire idea of using a out of the box solution and reformate my server.  Plus I dont want or need all that extra crap put into that.  I just want some simple scripts i can run to do stuff.
>
> Gerry, that looks very promising.
>
> Thanks!
> Mitchell

I dont have a Serial port on my Asus board unless i buy a Serial
bracket to connect to the board header.  According to the HEYU FAQ you
can use a USB->serial adapter which i can get for 3 bucks on ebay:

Q: My computer doesn't have RS232 serial ports, only USB ports.  Can
   I use a USB-Serial adapter?

A: Yes, provided that your OS has kernel drivers for the specific adapter.

So, I assume CentOS/Fedora (Going to move to cent on my next system
built will work right?

Thanks,
Mitchell