[mythtv-users] Home Automation + MythTV/Linux

Gerry Freymann lists at interpool.ca
Thu Aug 7 01:37:33 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 17:34 -0500, Mitch Gore wrote:

> I dont have a Serial port on my Asus board unless i buy a Serial
> bracket to connect to the board header.  According to the HEYU FAQ you
> can use a USB->serial adapter which i can get for 3 bucks on ebay:

 Doesn't heyu support the USB version of the CM11?

 If it doesn't, I would check up on what other devices heyu (or the
other linux software) supports. You certainly aren't limited to what I
described.

 It is funny though, the original box I assembled didn't have the serial
port connector (although the pins were on the motherboard). So I would
have been screwed anyway.

 When i went to try the equipment on my work box, gee, it doesn't have a
serial port either!

 Boy was I surprised.

 So the next coupla boxes I bought? I made sure they had a serial
port. ;-)