[mythtv-users] Home Automation + MythTV/Linux

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Thu Aug 7 04:30:22 UTC 2008

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Gerry Freymann
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:38 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Home Automation + MythTV/Linux

When i went to try the equipment on my work box, gee, it doesn't have a serial port either!

Boy was I surprised.

So the next coupla boxes I bought? I made sure they had a serial port. ;-)

A serial port is what they call a legacy port these days... and the new intel chipsets don't support those... along with parallel ports (sigh), PS2 ports, and IDE ports. Thank goodness you can get PCI cards with parallel ports - going to need a couple of them for my next project.