[mythtv-users] QAM Channel Scanner

Larry T larryt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 17:51:25 UTC 2008

Unfortunately getting support from the cable companies does not seem like a
very viable solution. When I had a technician come out to address the
problem, he had heard of the clear QAM channels but knew nothing more and
just called it a signal problem. When I spoke to tech support on the phone
to try to get someone knowledgeable to discuss the tables, the lady told me
that they do not "do QAM" and they can't support QAM tuners. I protested so
she asked her supervisor who also did not know anything about QAM. Someone
in my local office must know what they are doing because they recently added
4 Olympics only channels that are properly tabled.

Elektron, for your channel scanning solution, take a look at the channel
pages from SiliconDust. I am very impressed with their lineups by zip codes
page. In my case, it is a very easy and accurate way to identify which
channels I should expect from the cable.

For Daniel, I am always willing to provide a data point for the new scanner
when you need testers.