[mythtv-users] Another possible frontend, the BeagleBoard

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Thu Aug 7 20:23:10 UTC 2008

> Just saw this on the Digikey frontpage:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/beagleboard-149-linux-system
>
> 600MHz ARM, plus a DSP core that can do 720p.
>
> It appears there are patches to ffmpeg to support the board.

 That does look cool, and from their own photos you
can see mythfrontend running on it, I highly doubt
you would be decoding 720p content on it, regardless
of whether or not it could display 720p.

 Or are those patches to take advantage of some custom
mpeg2/4/h264 decoder I missed ? If so then I'll pick
one up right away to play with!

 It would likely make a cool SDTV frontend...but without
some sort of hardware decoder ....