[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

mons37318 at mypacks.net mons37318 at mypacks.net
Thu Aug 7 21:27:55 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----

Sorry to have wandered off. The volume of this list would not be a problem, if I didn't use my webmail so often (I do know how to filter, just not visually) but since I do, I pushed it to one of my "anonymous" email addresses, and then forgot to check back in.

As Jay noted- it's not that I don't like it - it's just that out of, say 8 DVDs burned *ever* (we try again from time to time) only 1 has come out with its audio completely intact. The rest, at least one ep (and often more) out of every disc will come out with no audio.
(the thing with the compression is a problem too, but let's start with the audio)

it's either mv2, mp2 or ac3... it creates an audio "stream?" and then says it's the wrong kind and just dumps it. i think. Jay can interpret the logs a lot better than me.

the comsumer DVD recorder is dying, I've had myth since July of 94, and so far, have only been able to offload two episodes of Chuck.
(my 500GB and my 400GB drives are full, and since the LVM crash, i don't trust spinning storage - even if it *is* running Linux)

can anyone help with the audio?

--
Pam from Boston
Happily ever after means the show is really over.