[mythtv-users] Why Free Software has poor usability ?

Jason Antman jason at jasonantman.com
Thu Aug 7 21:35:24 UTC 2008

I don't know what the differences are between Star Office and Open
Office (StarOffice costs money) but I know that all of Sun's 10,000+
employees use StarOffice, and the OpenOffice wiki has a list of somewhat
impressive large organizations using it.

IMHO, Access is utter crap. I've always viewed it as a middle-ground
between a spreadsheet and a "real" database.

Yes, OpenOffice Base isn't exactly wonderful. That being said, I've
never really used it - I either "round down" and use Calc (speadsheet)
or "round up" and use MySQL or another RDBMS. MySQL is a bit
heavyweight, given that Access is marketed towards customers who aren't
exactly DBA's, but a good graphical, hand-holding frontend would handle
making it a reasonable replacement.