[mythtv-users] Problem: Frontend can't see upcoming recordings, can see recorded programs

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 01:38:28 UTC 2008

I have a backend in the basement that does all the HD recording, and a
combined FE/BE in the tv room that does analog recording.  The FE can see
and play shows recorded locally and on the remote backend.  But if I go to
the Upcoming Recordings screen, nothing.  In mythweb, I can see upcoming
recordings fine.

What is different in the communications and what the FE needs to talk to
between recorded programs and upcoming recordings, such that one would fail
and the other would succeed?

-Jerry