[mythtv-users] OT: Track Total Downloads for Bandwidth Limit

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Aug 8 04:49:29 UTC 2008

Richard Woelk wrote:

> R. G. Newbury wrote:

>> But vnstat looks interesting. Thanks to whoever recommended it.
>>
>> Geoff
>>

> gkrellm reads the ifconfig bytes and keeps its own records categorized
> by month, week, & day. Click on the little grey button at the bottom
> right of the eth graph
>
> I have a linux computer used as my internet router, so its outside link
> is all the internet I use.
>
> 10GB cap, ouch, I'd have a lot of trouble staying under that, my average
> is around 80GB, and I've hit 300GB in a month

Thanks for this one too. And yes 'ouch'. I *know* I would be well over
the cap for my office machine + laptop. I think I will be over with the
usage at home for the mythbox plus the laptop. So I want to know what
numbers I am really looking at. I can easily live with what I have if
the price for twice the speed is four times the cost!

Geoff