[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:17:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Alex Butcher <mythlist at assursys.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Tom Dexter wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Alex Butcher <mythlist at assursys.co.uk> wrote:
>>> That sounds like an issue with your source. I've never had anything like
>>> that problem myself, but my source material is always DVB-T (i.e.
>>> MPEG-over-radio). Are you making recordings from an analogue tuner, by any
>>> chance?
>
>>> Alex.
>>
>> I've never actually used mytharchive.  I see that you're in the UK.
>> As far as audio/video sync issues I can tell you this:  I record
>> (U.S.) DVB-T only (no analog), and while some can be demuxed,
>> converted to proper NTSC DVD formats, and remuxed without an
>> issue...many (if not most) of the shows I record simply defy keeping
>> audio sync when converted to DVD _unless_ I demux initially with
>> projectx.
>
> I use Project-X all the time, and my experience with mythtranscode and its
> relative lack of robustness when dealing with real-work broadcast DVB (i.e
> with corruption) led me to add the ability to use Project-X to MythArchive
> after it was lost in the transition from MythBurn.
>
>> because other stuff I've tried to do without projectx (transcode etc)
>> simply can't seem to deal with the sync correctly.
>
> Sounds like you ought ot configure MythArchive to use Project-X. :-)
>
>> Tom
>
> Best Regards,
> Alex.

Well...like I said, I haven't used mytharchive at all.  I wasn't aware
you could configure it to use projectx...interesting.  I guess what
you're telling me is that, as of this point, mytharchive has just as
much trouble dealing with less-than-perfect DVB as everything else.

In any case, I really don't want to do those conversions on either my
frontend (I don't want to tie up it's cpu and is actually doesn't have
a DVD burner at this point anyway) or my backend (which is busy enough
recording and commflagging).

Tom