[mythtv-users] Does anyone know who supports Mytharchive?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 15:35:45 UTC 2008

> I use Project-X all the time, and my experience with mythtranscode and its
> relative lack of robustness when dealing with real-work broadcast DVB (i.e
> with corruption) led me to add the ability to use Project-X to MythArchive
> after it was lost in the transition from MythBurn.

Long ago I found that mythtranscode is the cause of a lot of out of
sync with ivtv sources and that using projectx to demux instead will
fix the issue. Projectx is now in mytharchive so no need to use any
external scripts or cut videos outside of myth. However I would still
like to see mythtranscode fixed to not cause these issues in the first
place. The reason for that is that I cut (remove commercials) my
videos days if not weeks before I archive them to dvd.

John