[mythtv-users] Stream Errors

Tomi Makinen makinen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 10:02:11 UTC 2008

Those stream errors are really odd sometimes .. First I would try ot move
graphics card further away from tuner and maybe soundcard too if you have
separate one. Those can disturb the tuner and when playing live show those
would disturb even more. Could be IRQ thing or whatever. After that I would
try to put something ( cardboard maybe) between tuner and other cards. Then
maybe taking power of the chassis and try if moving that away would help. I
guess you h
ave tried the computer with another antenna cord and in same position as the
other tuners ? Also turning the antenna cord in my tunercard to different
angle seems to have small effect on the picture quality. I have those 90
degree plugs. And My friend had too strong signal and he got it better using
some plugs that toned down the signal 3 db. If you can try with someone
elses htpc or tunercard or something

Stranges thing I have had is with the technotrend premium card that it
worked better when the lights were on in the room. I studied it and infact
the error rate was alot lower when the lights were on and even using
flashlight worked .. I now there is a light in my htpc to minimize errors.
And I was not the only one who had this problem.  While studying this, I
changed the case once and power three times and lots of work.