[mythtv-users] NBC, olympics, and schedules

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Aug 9 15:10:28 UTC 2008

Phil Bridges wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm seeing messed up schedules on NBC.  It looks like the next 8 hours
>> or so of NBC schedules show up as "DTV program" and then the regular
>> schedule resumes.  This is not a Schedules Direct thing; my TV shows the
>> current program as "DTV program" as well.
>>
>> So far I've missed recording the opening ceremonies, but I'm going away
>> for the weekend and I don't want to miss the swimming.....
>>
>> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is this just stupidity on NBC's part or
>> some more nefarious plot to screw up schedule-based recordings?
>>

> Here's what I have for NBC for the 10AM-6PM (EDT) block:
> >From Beijing. Volleyball, women's: USA vs. Japan; swimming; beach
> volleyball, men's: USA vs. Latvia, women's: USA vs. Netherlands;
> cycling, men's road race; rowing. (CC, Stereo)

Well, interestingly enough.. I reran mythfilldatabase --refresh-today
and the schedule magically reappeared.  Must have been some sort of
screwup by the schedule gurus at NBC or my region....

--Yan

--
  o__

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation