[mythtv-users] Mapping Keyboard/Remote Commands

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sat Aug 9 21:50:29 UTC 2008

Nick Bright <boberz at thewatch.org>, said on Sat Aug 09, 2008 [04:42:51 PM]:
} Greetings,
}
} My remote control has a "guide" button on it, and I'd like to know if
} there is some way to map a command in the LIRC configuration such that
} pressing the "guide" button will go directly to the program guide.
}
} I also have a "Menu" button which I have configured to bring up the
} Menu, through which I can access the program guide, but it would be much
} more intuitive for guests to push the "Guide" button to access the
} program guide.
}
} On the wiki, I don't see any built in commands to go directly to the guide.
}

I dont know about "globally" but certainly while watching live tv or a recorded
show the 'S' key brings up guide. You can map the guide button to S in the
lircrc file.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org