[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Aug 9 22:39:03 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 11:37 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> Here's another update with a few weeks' of data running with active
> EIT disabled:
>
> http://insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/mbe-mem-usage-active-eit-disabled.png
>
> I'll hopefully look into more next week.

Interesting. DVB or ATSC? What country are you in? Do you know if you
are using any EIT fixups?

BTW Can you compile the latest mythtv trunk with the valgrind
./configure option and generate a report after a week or so?
(Make sure you do a distclean, so that all the vlagrind changes
are picked up.) I've changed the EIT memory allocator used with
the valgrind ./configure option to the standard malloc so it
should provide a better report than before.

-- Danie;