[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 23:07:34 UTC 2008

On 09/08/2008, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 11:37 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
>  > Here's another update with a few weeks' of data running with active
>  > EIT disabled:
>  >
>  > http://insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/mbe-mem-usage-active-eit-disabled.png
>  >
>  > I'll hopefully look into more next week.
>

> Interesting. DVB or ATSC? What country are you in? Do you know if you
>  are using any EIT fixups?

Hey Daniel,

In the UK, using 3 DVB-T cards in this particular backend. Currently running:

$ mythbackend --version

Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 17592M
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_iptv using_ivtv using_lirc using_opengl_vsync
using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv
using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_live

I apply some (currently 8) patches in my build script, but none should
affect EIT.

>  BTW Can you compile the latest mythtv trunk with the valgrind
>  ./configure option and generate a report after a week or so?
>  (Make sure you do a distclean, so that all the vlagrind changes
>  are picked up.) I've changed the EIT memory allocator used with
>  the valgrind ./configure option to the standard malloc so it
>  should provide a better report than before.

I should be able to do this in a few weeks - very busy with
redecorating at the moment. My main installation is running
0.21-fixes, although I have a spare box I can put trunk on - can't
promise I'll get the same results though :)

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: