[mythtv-users] Dish Network, MythTV not recording - Part 2

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Aug 10 02:31:12 UTC 2008

On 08/09/2008 09:17 PM, Mitch Gore wrote:

>>> This page will also be of some help:
>>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_an_IR_Blaster_with_MythTV
>> Thank you for the link. Though my MythTV is just used to record shows. I
>> have the Dish receiver tuning on it's own.
>>
>> This works, most of the time, for everything, up to USA Network, not sure
>> why it is not functioning on the higher channels.
> how is it connected to your PVR card?
>
> Let me guess its all channels above 125?  maybe thats cause the tuner
> is a 125 channel tuner!

Or 69 if it's set to use the us-ntsc frequency tables rather than one of
the us-cable* frequency tables.

> You need to connect you STB to your PVR card via RCA cables or
> S-video.  Then set up a IR Blaster to change the channels on the STB.
> Then change you input connections so your Dish box is connected to the
> appropriate input.

Or, if nothing else, just put /bin/true in for your channel change
script for the video source in mythtv-setup.  Then, the channel change
will not fail (but will do exactly nothing--so you'll see the need for
the IR transmitter).

Mike