[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV on an Everex Cloudbook CE1200V?

Marc Barrett mnealbarrett at cox.net
Sun Aug 10 04:56:11 UTC 2008

I am really considering purchasing an Everex Cloudbook CE1200V.
I have another laptop, but I have an application where I need a PC
notebook that is extremely portable.  Even though this thing comes
with a Linux distribution (gOS), I am a bit concerned about the chipset
being used.  I would want to play videos recorded with MythTV on my
desktop PC, transcoded to a lower resolution (my desktop MythTV
captures by FireWire) , so how well is the VIA C7-M supported for video
applications such as MythTV?

I've also considered one of the Asus EEE PCs, but hard drive space
is a problem.  I would want to run a limited Windows installation on it,
under something like VirtualBox, but I couldn't do that and also have
a usable MythTV install with only 4G.