[mythtv-users] Save recording on DVD?

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:01:29 UTC 2008

Its possible to get the 4+ hours onto a DVD as they likly had a fair
number of comercial breaks.  You will either need to do a fair amount
of compresion to fit on a single sided 4.7GB disk or less if you go
with the more expensive double layer DVD.  Myth has a great plug in
called mytharchive.  If you go there and select to archive a recording
and then to create a DVD you will be presented with some windows.  You
can select your recording you want to archive being the olympic
opening ceremony.  You can then select the compression level.  If you
want to try a single layer disk then set it to EP or what ever the
longest play setting is.  Then you can select from a DVD menu format.
For example I like the auto play as it will just start playing the
file with no menus.  Part of the process is also selectingif you want
to create an ISO or burn to DVD.  If you have a DVD burner in your
system then you could chose that option.  I dont so I select ISO and
then ftp the file over to a windows system for the acutal burning.

Prior to doing this you should mark the ad breaks and if you do this
then mytharchive will have an option to honor the cut list so your
4hour 30 min recording will be less than 4 hours after cutting out the