[mythtv-users] Save recording on DVD?

Aaron Klein klein.aaron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 22:52:51 UTC 2008

If you have a keyboard on your myth box start the recording like your
going to watch it.  Push the E key to enter "edit" mode and then press
the Z key to load the ad breaks that myth has detected.  Now you can
use the up and down buttons on the keyboard or the remote and the left
and right buttons to move forward and backward in the show and you can
adjust how the cursor moves by increasing or decreasing the time
frame.  For example when I take breaks out of a movie I will toggle
between the cut and 1 minute timeframes.  I will jump to the next
cutpoint and then go backward 1 sec and forward 1 sec to see if indeed
its at a break.  If its not you can use the enter key to adjust the
cut point.

For more detailed info look in the myth wiki @
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials