[mythtv-users] MythWeather

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Mon Aug 11 00:08:15 UTC 2008

* Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> [2008 Aug 10 15:12 -0500]:
> On Aug 10, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Nick Bright wrote:
>
> > Before Mythbuntu 8.04 released, I was using 7.10 and the MythWeather
> > module worked perfectly fine - even showing my city (most weather
> > services don't). Now in 8.04 the MythWeather module doesn't seem to
> > work
> > at all - it won't even find MAJOR cities in my area (Wichita, Tulsa,
> > Kansas City).
> >
> > Is there some kind of known bug? Am I missing some configuration?
>
> You are searching for the wrong thing. Different screens have
> different maps available - some by city, some by region of the
> country, etc. Try entering no search parameters and hit search to see
> what your options are. Then pick one from that list.

Back to that usability thing.  A bit of playing around shows that only
the city name is valid.  Adding the state results in zero locations
found.  While other weather Web sites can give the nearest NWS station
data for your locale, this program doesn't seem able to so one needs to
know the nearest NWS reporting station to get results.

- Nate >>