[mythtv-users] How to properly adjust brightness and contrast

Johnny Russ jruss at mit.edu
Mon Aug 11 00:19:07 UTC 2008

I would also love to see some guidance on a proper way to adjust these
settings. I have the same issue with my PVR-150. I get things looking
acceptable by taking the contrast down a few notches and bumping up the
brightness until it looks OK.

I have seen little widgets that guide you through the adjustments on a
computer monitor, or even calibration images with set of instructions for
adjusting the brightness, contrast, etc. Is there anything like this that
could be used in mythtv? I know that you have to be recording to make the
adjustments so a widget or calibration image is probably too much to ask
for. But there must be some order/logic to which settings to change and how.