[mythtv-users] How to properly adjust brightness and contrast

Nick Bright boberz at thewatch.org
Mon Aug 11 01:07:25 UTC 2008

Johnny Russ wrote:
> I would also love to see some guidance on a proper way to adjust these
> settings. I have the same issue with my PVR-150. I get things looking
> acceptable by taking the contrast down a few notches and bumping up
> the brightness until it looks OK.
>
> I have seen little widgets that guide you through the adjustments on a
> computer monitor, or even calibration images with set of instructions
> for adjusting the brightness, contrast, etc. Is there anything like
> this that could be used in mythtv? I know that you have to be
> recording to make the adjustments so a widget or calibration image is
> probably too much to ask for. But there must be some order/logic to
> which settings to change and how.
That's what I'm hoping to find. Basically, how does one go about
adjusting things? I've done the ones for monitors but that only has
brightness and contrast - it does not include color and hue.

A simple write up of what order to adjust, sane starting points, and
what to look for is all I'm trying to find.

 - Nick