[mythtv-users] Removing Commercials

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Aug 11 01:18:36 UTC 2008

On Aug 10, 2008, at 5:37 PM, Rick Steeves wrote:

> But now I've got something REALLY weird. I'm running a PVR 350, and
> normally I view the video through the TV - Out using a local front

That only works for mpeg2 (it's an mpeg2 decoder)

> end to drive things and things work fine, and I listen to the shows
> on a nearby TV using the PVR 350s composite video/sound. HOWEVER,
> once the removecommercials job runs on a show, it no longer feeds out

It's probably no longer mpeg2. You've likely told it to transcode to
mpeg4. If you want to keep using your mpeg2 decoder, the file needs to
remain an mpeg2 file.
I believe there is an option to lossless transcoding which means to
cut commercials but leave the file at mpeg2.