[mythtv-users] Internal player muted

not James Knox jamesknox9 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 11 03:01:01 UTC 2008

I'm using MythVideo to watch my digital media, and while previous
versions seemed to work rather well, with these latest rpms (the ones
for Suse 10.2 off of packman) suddenly the sound is gone when I'm
playing media on the internal player. Not only that, the volume control
on my remote doesn't seem to have any effect either. Here's my lircrc.
That's the one that I edit to make the remote work with the players,
right? Note that most of the other controls for the internal player do
work, but the volume doesn't. I mean, I don't even get the popup
indicating a volume change.

# lircrc.example.HauppaugeGrey-nativelirc
# 2003-09-17, Robert Kulagowski
# mailto:rkulagow at rocketmail.com
# Save this file in ~/.mythtv/lircrc

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = go_back
    config = Esc
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = options
# Swap the PiP windows
    config = N
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 1
    config = 1
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 2
    config = 2
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 3
    config = 3
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 4
    config = 4
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 5
    config = 5
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 6
    config = 6
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 7
    config = 7
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 8
    config = 8
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 9
    config = 9
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = 0
    config = 0
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = guide
    config = M
end

# Below are keys used with the Hauppauge Grey remote

begin
   prog = mythtv
# This is the Red key
# We'll use it for "Delete"
   button = Red
   config = D
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# This is the Green key
# We'll use it for "Information"
   button = info
   config = I
end

# Note the "repeat =" strings in the volume and channel.
# This means that if you hold down the key, every nth instance will be
# passed.  This depends on your system, so you may want to increase or
# decrease this and see what happens.  repeat = 1 is probably too
# fast.

begin
  prog = mythtv
# This is the Yellow key
# Use it as a volume key
  button = vol-
  repeat = 3
  config = F10
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
# This is the Blue key
# Use it as a volume key
  button = vol+
  repeat = 3
  config = F11
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = up
# This is the "up" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Up
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = down
# This is the "down" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Down
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = left
# This is the "left" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Left
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = right
# This is the "right" on the central diamond
    repeat = 3
    config = Right
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
# Middle button on the diamond
    button = enter
    config = Return
end

begin
    prog = mythtv
    button = mute
    config = F9
end

begin
   prog = mythtv
# Change focus for PiP (to change channel in the other window)
   button = Blank
   config = B
end

begin