[mythtv-users] Issues Accessing Mythweb from external IP address Mythbuntu 8.04

Nigel Wright nigel at clubhertzog.com
Mon Aug 11 03:21:03 UTC 2008

Hey all . . .

I've been having issues with my 8.04 mythbuntu box. I'm using / used the
mythbuntu GUI mythweb security setup to get me started in mythweb - which
I'm now starting to regret.

I have been unable to access my box from an external IP - work, new cell
phone . . . etc. As long as I'm accessing the machine from my LAN ie
192.168.1.xxx I'm good to go.

Externally - I can access other sections of my box through these devices and
using a .htaccess file, but for the life of me I can't figure out how or
where the digest or access files get stored for the Mythbuntu / Mythweb
Security and how to modify the settings to allow it to be viewed externally.

Thanks,