[mythtv-users] Suspend on 2.6.26 kernel??

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Mon Aug 11 03:26:29 UTC 2008

> I'm still a newbie when it comes to Linux suspending (either to disk or
> ram),
> but I've been trying on a recently built machine.  It contains a new
> Gigabyte
> GA-MA78G-DS3H motherboard and Athlon X2-4850 cpu.
>
> When I first built the machine, the suspend was looking very promising on
> 2.6.25, but there was a fatal flaw when resume from RAM where the network
> would be dead;
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/336828?search_string=malformed;#336828
> which I got no responses from but got a few clues on LinuxQuestions.  I
> was
> also waiting for the 2.6.26 kernel to arrive, hoping it would help.  Using
> the s2ram --force command, the machine on 2.6.25 would go down correctly
> and
> restart (even from a X session) with everything working except network.

Any reason you can't use 2.6.25 and add a "/etc/init.d/network restart" to
the recover script?

Its been a while since I played with suspend but I recall that its done by
a script that effectively stops in the middle at which point the system
should be suspended - just add extra stop/start network commands about
that suspend point.

--
Robin Gilks