[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued
paul at kcbbs.gen.nz
Mon Aug 11 06:48:34 UTC 2008
On Monday 11 August 2008 05:51:59 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 00:07 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:
> > > BTW Can you compile the latest mythtv trunk with the valgrind
> > > ./configure option and generate a report after a week or so?
> > > (Make sure you do a distclean, so that all the vlagrind changes
> > > are picked up.) I've changed the EIT memory allocator used with
> > > the valgrind ./configure option to the standard malloc so it
> > > should provide a better report than before.
> > I should be able to do this in a few weeks - very busy with
> > redecorating at the moment. My main installation is running
> > 0.21-fixes, although I have a spare box I can put trunk on - can't
> > promise I'll get the same results though :)
> No problem. I've tried to reproduce the leak here to no avail.
> But I'm using ATSC EIT. My suspicion is that there is either
> something wrong with the UK EIT fixup, or something wrong with
> the general DVB EIT. The UK fixups would be my top suspect,
> since otherwise more people would be seeing the problem.
> -- Daniel
I tend to agree with you as I use DVB-S here in NZ with EIT enabled and my
memory usage has been steady for about 2 months of uptime!
More information about the mythtv-users