[mythtv-users] Just a random thanks to the devs

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Mon Aug 11 11:17:58 UTC 2008

* Robert <RobertCL at iname.com> [2008 Aug 11 04:15 -0500]:
> On Mon, August 11, 2008 9:40 am, Roy Lofthouse wrote:

> >> +1

> >> Same here.
> >>
> >> Nico

> > ditto :D
>
> Indeed. I'm not sure how I'd watch TV without my Myth box now!
>
> On a related note, I installed a MythBuntu frontend onto a 2Gb USB pen
> drive on a spare PC at the weekend, pointed it at my existing backend and
> now I have a fully working myth setup in the bedroom as well as
> downstairs.
>
> I was amazed at how polished MythBuntu is - very slick install and config
> process.

I think I expressed my thanks in other messages, but if not, then I'll
add mine here as well.  I began playing with Mythbuntu two weeks ago
and as of about five days ago I got it to the point of being a
scheduling DVR (due to my DirecTV STB control issue) and it worked
flawlessly this weeknd,  I started with Mythbuntu 8.04.1 and I'm
impressed with their work as well as the work of the Myth developers.

The only outstanding issue is unrelated to Myth as my old TV doesn't
like a direct connection to S-Video using an adapter cable so I bought
an Averkey Micro which works well enough except that the colors are
gradiated and the video seems to be more jerky and pixelized than via a
computer monitor.  Perhaps by Christmas I can budget a new LCD TV.  :-)

- Nate >>