[mythtv-users] How to properly adjust brightness and contrast

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:10:16 UTC 2008

> The OP and myself are having issues with the settings in the PVR-150 tuner,
> not with our TV. Everything looks fine on my TV from sources other than the
> PVR-150. It is the brightness, contrast, color settings of the tuner itself
> that are off.
I have had this darkness on only a single channel on one of my
pvr150s. I solved it through experimentation and by changing the
params in mythweb. With that said I am not 100% happy with the color
settings.

> The only way to adjust them is to do so while that tuner is
> recording. Is there someway to route a DVD to the coax input on the PVR-150?

I would use coax. Doesn't your standalone dvd player output on channel 3 or 4?

> If I route the DVD player through the svideo input on my PVR-150, and adjust
> that will those settings apply to the coax input also?
> it seems like they
> wouldn't because they would be setup as different inputs in MythTV.

I do not think so.

John