[mythtv-users] HD playback - 2nd picture appears after a few seconds

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Mon Aug 11 17:38:41 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've previously had BBC HD working nicely in Mythtv.  I don't watch much
on HD, but when I went to watch it today, it started up fine and then
after a few seconds of playback a second "copy" of the video appeared in
the top left of the screen.  It takes up approx 1/4 of the total screen
area and is an exact copy of the HD video that is being played.  Both
copies of the video play ok, but the 1/4 size copy blocks out part of
the full size video.

I've no idea what I've changed to cause this to happen - it only happens
on BBC HD (I dont have any other HD channels to test with).  It happens
everytime, and one it's started, the only fix is to exit the player and
start watching again.  Seeking in the video works ok and both copies of
the video seek.

The HD programs I've recorded playback fine on my other frontend (same
mythtv version), so it's not a problem in the recorded stream.

I'm not sure where to start looking for what is wrong.  Has anyone else
seen this problem?

I'll see what info I can get out of the Mythfrontend logs, but any
pointers as to what debug flags to pass or where to look and what to
check would be appreciated.

System is Gentoo Linux + mythtv-0.21_p17722
Nvidia drivers version 173.14.12 for a GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

Thanks!
Robert.