[mythtv-users] Alternative commercial cut program

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Aug 11 18:29:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 11:23:49 -0700, John Finlay wrote
> Every time I try to use mytharchive to back up a recording to dvd
> mythtranscode fails to remove the commercials I manually set in the
> cutlist because it encounters some corruption in the recording.

For what it's worth, I've had better luck doing a lossless transcode to remove
the commercials *first*, then archiving the resulting file to DVD.  Whenever I
didn't do this Mytharchive would fail to remove the commercials, even though
it said it was using the cutlist.