[mythtv-users] Save recording on DVD?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Aug 11 18:44:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 18:52:51 -0400, Aaron Klein wrote
> For example when I take breaks out of a
> movie I will toggle between the cut and 1 minute timeframes.  I will
> jump to the next cutpoint and then go backward 1 sec and forward 1
> sec to see if indeed its at a break.  If its not you can use the
> enter key to adjust the cut point.

I've also found, if you really want precise control, that it's best to move
the cutpoints so they're on keyframe boundaries.  (Select 'keyframe' as your
increment, and step back and forth until you find the best point.)  Otherwise,
the transcoder will often shift the cut point to the nearest keyframe, and not
always in the direction you'd prefer.