[mythtv-users] Removecommercials script and commercial flagging problem

C.T. Paterson i.adore.my.64 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:47:12 UTC 2008

2008/8/11 Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com>:
> I have this script running:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Script_-_RemoveCommercials#enhanced_script_uses_channelID_and_starttime_throughout
>
> with this user job:
>
> removecommercials "%DIR%" "%FILE%" "%CHANID%" "%STARTTIME%"
>
> and it works fine, but I'm having a problem where the recording, let's say a
> 30 minute episode, gets stripped down to ~21 minutes with commercials cut
> (as is the goal, fine so far), but what happens is there's still commercials
> flagged apparently and the episode will skip in a few places where it has
> flagged commercials, but of course there are none. Like the first commercial
> break might be at 9 minutes into the show, but it's cut so it goes black for
> a second and returns to the second act, and it will skip a few minutes
> there, where it has flagged a commercial. I can't figure this out.

I'm struggling a little with your description - but if your complaint
is that the commercial flagging does not do a perfect job - then
that's something I think we all have to live with.

I flag all my recorded shows, but when I'm watching one of my Law and
Order episodes (which contains frequent fades out and in) I turn the
flagging off due to the number of errors it commits.

Cheers.

--
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
 -- Thomas Paine