[mythtv-users] Video Card Recommendation

Brian C. Huffman bhuffman at graze.net
Mon Aug 11 18:54:36 UTC 2008

I'm upgrading my backend /frontend combination and my new configuration consists of an Intel motherboard w/ 1066MHz bus and an Intel Core2 Duo E7200 (2.53GHz) processor.

The onboard Intel video is definitely not cutting it.  I have a PCI express slot that I can use.

Obviously I'm still trying to keep prices down but I also need quality, so what's the lowest series of Nvidia card that I could get to have a good HD picture without using XvMC?  Also, how much memory should the card have?

Thanks in advance!
Brian