[mythtv-users] Bitrate/quality on PVR-150

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Mon Aug 11 22:26:22 UTC 2008

I'm just checking to be sure I am recording/watching at the highest quality
my card can do (I know it's not the sweetest one but nevertheless hehe). I
have a PVR-150 and under MPEG-2 encoders my default is using an MPEG-2 PS
stream and 6000 bitrate. Does a higher bitrate = better quality (hd space
not a concern) or is there a number on the scale where it maxes out and me
setting it any higher is irrelevant? And is MPEG-2 PS the highest quality
stream to set?

Thanks
Bob