[mythtv-users] Bitrate/quality on PVR-150

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 22:45:27 UTC 2008

> When talking about resolution in the video world, the frame size (or
> resolution for most people) does not count for video quality nearly as much
> as bitrate does. What bit rate are you actually using at 640x480?

I am using the default 6000 max 4500 ave. At one time I was using
higher settings for sports but I believe I turned that off. Anyways I
tested the quality just by putting 2 pvr150 side by side with 2
mplayer sessions and changed the settings via the ivtv utilities. This
was sometime in 2006 so I can not remember the name..

John