[mythtv-users] OSX, Mac Mini & AC3 passthru

Stephen Hocking stephen.hocking at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 08:44:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

Does anyone have this working? I have the Mac Mini (1.83GHz C2D, OSX
10.5.4) hooked up via optical cable to my home theatre receiver, and
when I have the AC3 passthru box checked, any recordings with an AC3
soundtrack exhibit the following symptoms - very fast playback of
video, and audio that sounds like it's bubbling up from underwater,
and is also sped up. Playing with the settings such as extra audio
buffering will quite often result in lockups of MythTV, and other
programs (once MythTV has exited not being able to access the SPDIF
device (such as VLC). I'm at the point where I'm just about ready to
submit a bug.

    Stephen