[mythtv-users] Pittsburgh Comcast

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 14:29:54 UTC 2008

> The cable companies switch channels around all the time. It's really
> bad now that they assume that everyone has one of their STBs. For
> example, here in Columbus, OH most of my channels below 11 are sent
> over incorrect frequencies, so I end up with cable's channel 2 on what
> my TV and MythTV box see as channel 5. The cable companies just have
> their boxes set up to map channel 2 to the frequency of channel 5.
> When I inquired about this last year, they basically said get an STB
> or deal with it. Luckily they haven't changed any mappings since I
> have been here.

With that said comcast moved 10 to 20 channels around on July 17th.
Supposedly this was to make room for new digital channels, however
they are not using the old frequencies for any channels at the moment
and we lost a few channels that we watch until they can find some
person who understands how to install a cable card.

John