[mythtv-users] Transcode recordings and publish it with rss

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue Aug 12 17:34:53 UTC 2008

>I have a program that can fetch rss-radio/video and push it to
>my phone.
>
>I would like my mythtv backend server to automatically transcode a
>subset of my recordings and publish them (on my private lan). That way
>I could fill my phone with content easily.
>
>Has this already been done? I have not been able to find it.
>
>/Mats

Mats, I'm looking for the same thing too. The only idea I have had is to run
a user job on select programs that exports the recordings to the proper
video format you need (in my case xvid).

Then we need to find an rss program that can create an rss feed from a
complete directory. That way you just setup the rss feed program on your
phone to downloaded all the files in the rss feed, and you have the videos.

Here is someone who created an rss feed from a command line, but I'm not
sure how to integrate this with myth.
http://www.linux.com/feature/113916
Anyone want to take a look at it? It would be really cool to have a myth rss
plugin

-Steve