[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase and OriginalAirDate

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:52:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Christopher Meredith
<chmeredith at gmail.com>wrote:

> When using mythfilldatabase with an xml file, it appears to process the
> data in the "<date>" tag and insert it into the database in the "airdate"
> field (which only accepts a 4-digit year) instead of the "originalairdate"
> field (which supports year-month-day). How can I change this behavior?
>
> Also, does mythfilldatabase recognize the "<live />" tag?

All the answers you seek can be found in
"programs/mythfilldatabase/xmltvparser.cpp" in your mythtv source tree.
(Really, it's not a hard piece of code to read.)

If you don't have the source on your machine, you'll want to get it, because
that's the only way to make the change you suggest.

Carl Fongheiser